Most individuals choose the best lincoln plasma cutters over other methods because they wish to deal with aluminum and high-alloy steel sheets that are medium to thick. Precision is required for success in this career. While every brand is aware of these truths, some, such as Lincoln Electric, are more accomplished than others.
Lincoln Electric is a market leader in arc welding and plasma cutting equipment. Lincoln, well-known for its emphasis on overall efficiency and durability, has introduced a lengthy series of plasma cutters with various electromechanical features.
We’ll provide our original Lincoln Plasma Cutter review of a few handheld versions in this article for individuals unsure which model is ideal for their specific needs.
A Small Comparison
Regulator installed on the top to ensure a constant flow of air pressure
Low requirements for air pressure
Carry handle and saddle hooks for cable storage
It comes with a built-in air compressor
To initiate an arc safely, touch Start.
Restrike Rapid Arc for quick and varied cutting experiences
Cutting aluminum produces substandard results.
Another advantage is the duty cycle, which can be increased to maintain a suitable environment for metalworking. It implies you’ll spend more time in action and less time idle.
Top 3 Lincoln Plasma Cutters | Our Best Picks and Reviews
The Lincoln Electric 20 is ideal for cutting sheet metal to a thickness of 1/8 in.
Compressed air is used, which requires 3.5 CFM @ 65 PSI.
The unit’s inverter construction makes it highly portable and perfect for HVAC and autobody work.
Included is a cutting torch assembly with a 9.5-foot reach, a ground clamp with an 8-foot cable, and a power wire and outlet.
It can operate on 115V at a maximum output of 20 amps or 115V at a maximum output of 10-15 amps.
Lincoln Electric 20 is the smallest and lightest plasma cutter in the Lincoln line. Yet, it has the electrical and mechanical capabilities to handle HVAC projects, car body shops, contract work, sheet metal production, and residential applications.
While not inexpensive, this model is more affordable than other Lincoln models. The kit comprises a handheld torch, a 9.5-foot cable with a ground clamp, an 8-foot cable with a power connector and cord, and an instruction booklet.
- Inverter design helps the unit’s reduce weight
- Regulator installed on the top to ensure a constant flow of air pressure
- A highly efficient fan is used to cool the unit, assisting in maintaining the maximum duty cycle.
- Low requirements for air pressure
- Carry handle and saddle hooks for cable storage
- Almost unable to precisely cut expanding metal
While the Tomahawk 375 is a performance-driven machine, it is also a feature-rich plasma system that can be used for various tasks like onsite maintenance, primary building, HVAC (air duct installation), and demolition. Additionally, it is an excellent rental apartment.
Its capacity to cut through metals such as aluminum, brass, copper and mild/stainless steel enables metalworking enthusiasts and do-it-yourselfers to explore beyond traditional plasma cutting. However, the equipment is not capable of gouging metals.
The kit contains the LC25 torch, a ten-foot cable, an integrated air compressor with a standard connector for an external unit, an air regulator, an air pressure gauge, a water separator, a work cable and clamp, consumables, an input power cord, a shoulder strap, and an instruction booklet.
- Portable device
- It comes with a built-in air compressor.
- To initiate an arc safely, touch Start.
- Restrike Rapid Arc for quick and varied cutting experiences
- Pre- and post-flow operations provide maximum efficiency and material throughput.
- Purge Control technique for controlling airflow without initiating an arc
- For effective functioning, over-current and thermostatic protection are included.
- Parts-in-Place devise for ensuring proper component placement
- LED indicators provide precise data on the power supply, thermal system, and output.
- Water separator integrated for clean and dry air supply
- Cutting capabilities within reason, including an external compressor connection system for increased precision
- Continuous Output Control enables the arc to remain consistent throughout a range of thicknesses.
- For stainless steel, a slow cutting rate (travel speed) is required.
- Cutting aluminum produces substandard results.
The Tomahawk 675 is unmistakably an increase over the 375 models, not just in terms of price but also better cutting capabilities and added convenience, such as gouging metals.
It is virtually identical in terms of applications and metal supports as Tomahawk 375. The good news is that its performance is sometimes, if not always, more efficient due to the better torch design.
However, it would help to obtain a different air compressor since this model does not come with one, which adds to the product’s few restrictions.
The kit contains an LC40 hand torch, a 20-foot cable, an air regulator, an air pressure gauge, a water separator, a working cable, a clamp, consumables (an electrode, a nozzle, and a swirl ring), an input power cord, a shoulder strap, and an instruction manual.
- This plasma system has all of the 375 model’s usual features. Where it excels is in the drag-cutting function, which will be enhanced.
- Another advantage is the duty cycle, which can be increased to maintain a suitable environment for metalworking. It implies you’ll spend more time in action and less time idle.
- Difficulty in creating clean and precise aluminum cuts (skills required).
To be sure, you’ve already gained knowledge that is vital to your comprehension of the plasma as mentioned above cutters. How do you go about making the purchase? We’re guessing a few hints will prove helpful in this area.
The Lincoln 20 plasma system is ideal for people who operate in commercial facilities or environments with high demands.
Tomahawk 375 is an endearing plasma machine for customers who are content with above-average cutting capabilities, often relocate for their jobs, and wish to avoid additional expenditures associated with air compressors.
Tomahawk 625 is ideal for tasks requiring an advantage with metal thicknesses of up to 1/2 inch or more.
Additionally, the company provides certain more expensive goods that are designed for industrial uses. We considered the target audience, pricing, performance, and features while selecting these handheld cutters for evaluation, and in our expert opinion, each individual will find something beneficial in these devices.
Have fun shopping!